Safety and Preventative Measures in Centre
We are pleased that the NSW Government has confirmed that Stage One of our state's reopening is on track for 11 October 2021.
This is a pleasing first step that will see all retail and hospitality venues able to open for face to face service and we are looking forward to welcoming each of you and our wider community back. Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, including public transport, front-of-house hospitality, retail and business premises, on planes and at airports. Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
Under the NSW roadmap, these freedoms will apply only to fully vaccinated adults (16+) and those with medical exemptions (staff and patrons). Those who are not fully vaccinated will continue to be able to access critical retail and takeaway hospitality.
From Monday 11 October, you’ll see the following businesses reopen at Birkenhead Point as restrictions are eased across New South Wales.
• Hospitality venues (including restaurants and cafes) can reopen to provide dine-in service, with standing while drinking permitted outside and a booking cap of 20 people per booking in place.
• All previously closed non-essential retail (unvaccinated people will continue to only be able to access critical retail).
• Personal services such as hairdressers, nail salons and massage.
While many of our retailers are now permitted to trade, some may have chosen to temporarily reduce or otherwise change their trading hours as we begin the transition to reopening. We encourage you to contact individual retailers for their trading hours and to confirm access and service availability
As always please:
✔️ Wear a mask
✔️ Check in via QR Code at each entry to centre and store
✔️ Sanitise hands
✔️ Socially distance
✔️ Be Kind and look out for one another
Birkenhead Point has made manual check in available for customers who do not have the capability to do so themselves on a smart phone.
You can check in at one of our iPad stands or at the following locations:
- Ground Level near Coles
- Level 3 near Splat the Shoe Company
- Level 2 Guest Services Lounge
If you require assistance please contact our security team on 0413 433 766.
To manually check in to individual stores, please contact the store directly on the best way to do so.
Physical distancing when in our centres
We recognise the critical importance of physical distancing. To help our community maintain physical distancing while in our centres we have installed additional signage, are working with our retailers to provide appropriate space for customer queues and have implemented signage at gathering points, including at our vertical transport locations, entry/exits and car parks, for guidance around effective social distancing in these areas.
Each retailer also has signage to support this by communicating how many patrons they can accommodate in their space, given any current restrictions. We ask that you assist by always following all signage and directions when shopping in centre and being mindful of others around you.
Safety and Preventative Measures at Mirvac Retail Centres
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retail partners, employees and our community is our highest mission.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep our community safe, we implemented significant precautionary cleaning, hygiene and sanitising practices at the onset of the pandemic.
In addition to our existing rigorous cleaning and sanitising practices, we are taking additional measures which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, lift controls, food courts, and amenities.
- Dettol gel sanitisation at convenient locations including entrances and exits.
- Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures throughout the centre.
- Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Queuing and crowd management in our food courts during busy times
- Increased staff presence with blue COVIDSafe vests worn by staff to easily allow you to find help or assistance
- Increased hand sanitiser stations at car park pay stations and antibacterial and microbial silver-ionised safety film on all ticket machines and pay stations
- Introducing a contactless customer experience service and our Customer Support Centre which is contactable via phone, email, social media or SMS for extended hours every day of the week.
We also continue to ensure we follow the latest advice and regulations from the Australian and State Governments as the situation unfolds.
POP-UP TESTING CLINIC
In response to the positive case in centre, Laverty Pathology is operating a pop-up drive through COVID-19 testing clinic.
WHERE: Top Level of Birkenhead Point Carpark
TIMES: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
Please note: the last day for the pop-up testing clinic will be Sunday 10 October
Patients attend collection point through drive through.
- Please DO NOT get out of the vehicle at any time
- Only accepting patients in vehicles, walk-ins not accepted
- Patients should show their ID and Medicare Card, and request form (if you do not have a request form, one will be organised for you)
- No booking required
- All ages are welcome including children
- Throat and Nasal specimens (swab) are collected
- No blood/urine will be collected at this site
- All results will be sent to the referring doctor
- Negative results will be available to the patient via SMS if consent and mobile phone are provided
In line with government guidelines the current Stay-at-Home order for Greater Sydney, including Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour will remain in place at least until 11:59PM on Friday 30 July 2021.
While our centre will remain open for essential shopping and services, a number of our retailers will remain closed.
We ask all of our community to please comply with Government requirements and wear a mask at all times whilst visiting and shopping in our centre. We also ask that you please check in using the Service NSW QR Check In app upon entering and remember to check out upon exiting the centre.
To confirm which stores are open and their opening hours, we recommend you call and check with individual stores as trading hours may vary during this time.
This is the latest measure taken to protect our community, adding to the significant additional precautionary cleaning, hygiene and sanitising practices in place in our centre since early March 2020.
To stay up to date on regular news, please check our website and Facebook.